Summer Garden Pasta Salad has tender bow-tie pasta, summer vegetables with a lemon buttermilk dressing. Perfect for picnics and barbecues.
If you need another great pasta recipe, try my deli pasta salad! It’s also a crowd favorite.
This pasta salad recipe is the recipe I make whenever I serve Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pork. It’s like a stepped-up version of mac salad. My husband does not like mac salad but this is his favorite recipe. The dressing is full of lemon and dill flavor and the veggies give the salad crunch.
How to make Summer Garden Pasta Salad:
You will need these ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Fresh dill weed
- Snow peas or sugar snap peas
- Red onion
- Corn – canned or fresh
- Bow-tie pasta
- In a small bowl mix together the buttermilk, mayonaise, lemon juice and fresh dill.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water.
- Put the drained pasta in a large bowl and add the vegetables and dressing. Stir and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Can I use a different type of pasta?
Yes! I often use a different pasta
You may also like another one of my pasta recipes:
Summer Garden Pasta Salad
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup sliced snow peas (or sugar snap peas)
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 15 oz. can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 lb. box bow tie pasta cooked according to package directions
- In a small bowl whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, and dill weed until smooth, set aside.
- Drain and rinse the cooked pasta in cold water, and drain again. Add the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pasta bowl, and pour over the dressing. Stir until the dressing has coated the pasta and vegetables. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.