Deli Pasta Salad is similar to the pasta salad at the deli counter but so much fresher and cheaper.
This deli salad is one of my go-to recipes for having on hand for packed lunches and even to serve as a side at a barbecue.
This deli pasta salad recipe I found in my vintage Kentucky sampler cookbook. I’ve made versions of this but never one with hard salami in it.
I love how easy this recipe is to throw together and how well it holds up in the fridge. In fact, I have this recipe on the menu for when we spend a week at the lake next month.
How to make Deli Pasta Salad:
Gather these ingredients:
- Spiral pasta (3 colored pasta)
- Sliced black olives
- Diced red onion
- Hard salami – cut into thin strips
- Diced green bell pepper
- Chopped flat leaf parsley
- Grated parmesan cheese (the kind in the green shaker)
- Italian dressing (regular or fat-free)
- Boil pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Add drained pasta to a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Refrigerate for 2 hours or longer before serving.
How long can I store pasta salad?
This recipe isn’t mayonnaise-based so I keep this salad in the fridge for 3 days. After that, it seems the pasta gets mushy. Make sure to keep it in an airtight container or cover it in plastic wrap.
- Ham or chicken- use ham or chicken instead of salami for a healthier salad.
- Balsamic dressing – Add a different flavor to this recipe with tangy balsamic dressing.
- Additional veggies – Add tomatoes or celery for more color and flavor.
Other great Pasta Salad Recipes you will love:
- Bacon Pasta Salad – Creamy pasta salad with bacon!
- Caprese Pasta Salad – This recipe is perfect for summer get-togethers.
- Italian Spaghetti Pasta Salad – I love the spaghetti noodles in this pasta salad, such a fun change.
- Caeser Salad Pasta Salad – Green salad and pasta combined. This can be a complete meal!
Deli Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. rotini tri-colored pasta
- 1.5 cups thinly sliced hard salami
- 3.8 oz. can black olives
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1.5 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (the kind from a green shaker bottle)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- Add the drained pasta to a large bowl and add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Cover pasta with a lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving or longer.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Video:
Nutrition info is auto-generated. This information is an estimate; if you are on a special diet, please use your own calculations.