Fall is finally on its way and I am ready to bake up a storm! One of my all-time favorite pumpkin bread is Bisquick Pumpkin Bread. It’s moist, fluffy, and perfect for when you want something sweet but don’t have a lot of time on your hands. The recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prep and 45 minutes to cook.
Why this recipe works
This one-bowl pumpkin bread is even easy to clean up without all the extra pans, measuring cups, and bowls. We’ll also talk about how to easily get your pumpkin bread with Bisquick out of the baking pan easily, how long pumpkin bread lasts, and how to make a healthy, vegan version of Bisquick Pumpkin Bread.
Don’t let this delicious fall treat pass you by – give it a try today!
How to make Pumpkin Bread
- Bisquick- pancake and baking mix (find this near the pancake mix at the store)
- Pumpkin puree– I use the store brand, but you can use any brand you prefer
- Vegetable oil – canola oil or melted butter works well too.
- Eggs – 3 large eggs
- Sugar – brown and white sugar in this recipe
- Cinnamon and nutmeg– this makes it taste like fall!
- Chopped walnuts – optional for topping
Step by Step Directions
Step 1 – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farienheight and prepare a loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper or spraying heavily with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2 – In a large bowl whisk together the Bisquick, sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Step 3 – Add the pumpkin puree, oil and eggs. Mix until a batter forms. Don’t over mix.
Step 4 – Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. And smooth out. Add walnuts on top if desired.
Step 5 – Bake for 45-50 minutes or until no longer jiggly in the center. Place the loaf pan on a cooking rack for about 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan.
Recipe Tips and FAQs
For vegan pumpkin bread just substitute the eggs (such as mashed bananas). The Bisquick mix is already vegan! Use 1/4 cup mashed banana per egg, so you will need 3/4 cup mashed bananas for this recipe.
Wrap your cooled pumpkin bread tightly in plastic wrap and store it on the counter for up to three days. If you’re looking for a way to make your pumpkin bread last even longer, try storing it in the fridge!
To freeze your pumpkin bread, wrap the loaf tightly in cling wrap, then again with aluminum foil. The pumpkin bread can be frozen for 2-3 months. Defrost it by setting it on the counter before you want to serve it.
This recipe can be made into 4 mini loaves. The baking time is about 40 minutes, depending on your oven.
I hope this delicious pumpkin bread with Bisquick recipe becomes a fall tradition in your household and helps you see how to make pumpkin bread from scratch. The smell alone makes it worth making in your own kitchen.
The verdict – pumpkin bread with Bisquick mix? Delicious!!
Bisquick Pumpkin Bread
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts for topping optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Bisquick, sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix well until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan (I lined mine with parchment paper) or you can heavily spray your loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top with chopped walnuts (or preferred nuts, pumpkin seeds, or chocolate chips).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.