Cornbread with added pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice. Still the great flavor of cornbread and wonderful with butter and honey.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time26 mins
Total Time36 mins
- 11.5 oz. cornbread mix (I use Krusteaz Southern Cornbread, but Honey Cornbread is great too)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice (or 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 3/4 tsp nutmeg, a pinch of cloves and a pinch of ginger)
- salted butter
- regular honey or hot honey
- pumpkin butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 8 or 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl combine the cornbread mix, pumpkin puree, milk, melted butter, eggs and pumpkin spice. Whisk until smooth.
Spread the batter evenly into the pan.
Bake for 26 minutes or until set in the middle.
Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing into squares.
Serve with butter and honey.
If you want to make the batter into muffins, bake as directed on box.
Can I use a different mix?
Yes, use pumpkin puree for half of the liquid directed on the box. I calculated these brands for you (bake as directed on the box for the pan you are using):
- Famous Dave's Cornbread: 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 1 egg, 2 tsp. pumpkin spice, the cornbread mix.
- For Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix (use 2 boxes): 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 2 tsp. pumpkin spice, 2 eggs, both cornbread mixes.
- Marie Callender's Cornbread Mix: 3/4 cup water, 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 2 tsp. pumpkin spice, the cornbread mix.
- Betty Crocker Cornbread and Muffin Mix (use 2 bags): 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup pumpkin puree, 4 Tbsp melted butter, 2 eggs, 2 tsp. pumpkin spice, both cornbread mixes.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1834IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg