Cold Spinach Dip
Creamy, chilled spinach dip made with water chestnuts for added texture.
Prep Time10 mins
Chilling Time2 hrs
Total Time2 hrs 10 mins
- 12 oz. frozen spinach (thaw out overnight or on counter for a few hours)
- 8 oz. can whole water chestnuts drained and minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1.4 oz. pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix (or Knorr leek soup mix)
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
Suggested serving options:
- sliced bread
- crackers (wheat thins or triscuits)
- vegetables (carrots and celery sticks)
Drain the spinach. Do this by wringing it out with clean hands and putting it in a dish towel and squeezing out the water.
Add the spinach to a small bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
Transfer to a bowl you would like to serve the dip in. Cover in plastic wrap.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serve with sliced bread, crackers or vegetables.
Where do I find water chestnuts at the store?
I find them in the Asian section where I find soy sauce.
Can I add baby shrimp or crab to this dip?
Yes! This dip is the perfect base for adding baby shrimp or lump crab meat.
Calories: 230.68kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.59g | Protein: 2.17g | Fat: 21.52g | Saturated Fat: 5.29g | Cholesterol: 21.37mg | Sodium: 432.01mg | Potassium: 188mg | Fiber: 2.02g | Sugar: 2.71g | Vitamin A: 4170.89IU | Vitamin C: 2.82mg | Calcium: 72.7mg | Iron: 0.96mg