So much lemon-lime flavor in this vintage recipe for 7up Bundt cake!
This recipe I found on Pinterest is older than me, well not by much! I love making Bundt cakes because the glaze on them is so much easier than frosting a cake! I followed this recipe exactly except I added fresh lemon and lime juice and also their zest. I also made a glaze with lemon and lime zest as well.
This recipe is a pound cake recipe, though with the glaze it taste like a pudding ring to me. I hope you give this recipe a try! Have a great week.
7up Bundt Cake
For the bundt cake:
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1.5 cups salted butter (3 sticks) room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup 7up
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside. I use Baker’s Joy spray.
- Zest the lime and lemon. Cut the lemon and lime in half and juice them, set aside.
- Add the butter to a large bowl with the sugar cream together until light and fluffy, this will take about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one and a time and blend.
- Add the flour slowly and blend unit just combined. Add the 7up, lemon juice, lime juice, and the zest to the batter. Blend until just combined.
- Add the batter to the prepared bundt pan.
- Place in the oven on the center rack and bake for 1-1.5 hours. Mine took exactly 1 hour and 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick, the toothpick should not have any wet batter on it.
- When the cake is done let rest for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack. Flip the bundt pan onto a plate.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl add the powdered sugar, milk and the zests. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over the warm cake. Serve and enjoy!